Hola! I'm Hector, founder of Bombillazo.
I'm deeply interested technology, creative design and problem solving. My experience includes (but is not limited to) developing software, digital design and video editing/SFX.
Here I share my projects and thoughts so check back once in a while! I welcome your feedback.
My goal is to continue growing my career developing technology to change people's lives. I'm focused on doing more with less, designing/implementing new solutions and pushing the technical boundaries.
- Software Engineer
- Forward787 - 6 months
- Process Automation Engineer
- CooperVision - 4 years
- Software Engineer
- IBM - 1.5 years
The name BOMBILLAZO (pronounced bom-bee-JAH-zo) is a combination of the word "bombilla" (Spanish for "light bulb") with the Spanish augmentative/agent suffix "azo". the closest, most literal translation to English would be "Lightbulber". I think of it as "someone who comes up with new and bright ideas". For that reason I adopted "El Bombillazo" ("The Lightbulber") as my moniker. All my work is consolidated under this name.
- Work hard and smart; it increases the chances of success.
- Sacrifice now to reap the rewards later.
- Surround yourself by driven people.
- Don't overthink things.
- Perseverance is underrated.
- Integrity. Learning. Passion. Success without these is short lived and shallow.
From a very young age I was fascinated by science, computers and technology (thanks, Jurassic park and Nintendo). My father, a Civil Engineer, also played a big role in getting interested in design and mathematics. Were it with LEGO blocks, Mario Paint, modeling clay or Kid Pix on a Macintosh, I spent countless hours as a kid tinkering and inventing. As I grew up I progressed to more complex projects with LEGO Mindstorms, web programming and video editing. With those growing interests I decided to pursue a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering. I feel blessed for having a career and hobby where I can combine my passion for creating and technical skills.
- Love the beach, my top pick is Flamenco in Culebra
- Completed my pilgrimage to Nintendo HQ in Kyoto, Japan
- Wenn Sie Deutsch sprechen, bitte lassen Sie mich es wissen
- Favorite dinosaur: Tyrannosaurus rex
- Could eat Indian and Asian food all the time
- I enjoy discussing history, theology and philosophy